Pairs with: Cannery Brewing Apricot Wheat Ale
Recipe submitted by: Flambe Catering
Ingredients for the Glaze
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced or grated ginger
- 1 cup Apricot Wheat Ale
- 1 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 lime - zest & juice about 1 tbsp
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ c freshly chopped cilantro
Ingredients for the Chicken wings
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- A splash of Apricot Wheat Ale
- 2 cups corn starch
- Marinate wings with all ingredients except corn starch overnight if possible.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, dredge the marinated wings in to the corn starch shaking off the excess.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or foil & bake for 30- 45 mins or until golden and crispy.
- For the glaze, sauté the garlic & ginger in butter over medium heat for about 3 minutes add the beer, increase the heat & reduce by half.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the cilantro and continue to cook until a nice glaze forms, about 5-10 mins.
- Add cilantro to the sauce, toss the wings & serve.