Pairs with: Anarchist Amber Ale
submitted by: Louis Richer
- 300 grams of lean stew beef
- 300 grams of chicken breasts
- 1 scant teaspoon of curry
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered onion
- 1 small leek cut in 4 sections
- 2 cups of water containing 8 teaspoons of chicken base and one teaspoon of beef base
- 1 cup of Anarchist Amber Ale
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1/2 tablespoon of pepper
- 1 turnip cut in
- 4 chunks
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 2 small carrots cut in 2 sections each
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- Cut the meat and the chicken in small cubes.
- Mix in a deep pot the flour, curry, pepper, powdered onion, ginger and the canola oil.
- Heat for 5 minutes at low heat then turn up the heat to medium-high, adding the meat and the chicken breasts. Mix until meat is golden brown.
- Add the beer and the broths, the potatoes, the carrots, the leak and the turnip.
- Simmer for 70 minutes.
- Verify the seasoning and serve.
Prepares 4 servings. Preparation time 15 minutes; cooking time 70 minutes.