Pairs with: Naramata Nut Brown Ale
Recipe submitted by: Piggy's Bar B Q
- 8 sausages, such as bratwurst, knackwurst or wieners
- 4 oz. Naramata Nut Brown Ale
- 2 oz. hot Dusseldorf mustard
- 3 oz. canola oil
- 6 oz. yellow onion, peeled, quartered and sliced very thin
- Place canola oil in large nonstick skillet (12-in. diameter) and add the sliced onions.
- Sauté over low heat, stirring often, until onions are golden brown, soft and caramelized. Do not let burn.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in the hot Dusseldorf mustard. Set aside.
- Prepare a grill, and cook sausages, basting with Naramata Nut Brown Ale every minute or so.
- Serve the grilled sausages with the mustard-seasoned onions.