We have missed you all, and we are excited to welcome you back to our taproom and patio. We have worked hard to create our plan, which allows us to continue to do what we love, while ensuring the safety of you and our team.
Our goal is to welcome you back into our community gathering space in a way that is both safe and comfortable. We have modified a number of our practices and processes to ensure the physical distancing and sanitization processes that are based on the protocols from Public Health Officials and WorkSafe BC.
- Host – we will have a host at the door to welcome you and help guide you through our new processes and to direct you to your table.
- Sanitizer station – we’ll have a sanitizer station set up at the front entrance and ask that you clean your hands as you enter and leave the taproom. Sanitizers are also available at each service till and outside of the washrooms.
- Contact info – you will be asked for the name and phone number of one person in your party should contact tracing ever be necessary. This information will be saved for 30 days and then destroyed.
- Lineups – as you line up to order, please use the floor decals as your guides. These are spaced out to accommodate for physical distancing. We now have two line-ups. You can order and reorder at either location.
- Point of sale system – our team will sanitize the point of sale system after each use.
- Menus – our menus will remain on the chalkboards and we will have disposable one-time use paper menus available if you would like your own copy.
- Capacity – we have reduced our capacity to ensure we have the 2 metre spacing required for social distancing.
- Seating – you will see that we have rearranged our tables and chairs. We are required to keep parties to a maximum of 6 people. Please don’t move the tables or chairs as they have all been set to ensure the necessary 2 metres apart. Please be aware of your distance from other guests who are outside of your party.
- Bar stools – for now, we have removed the bar stools to provide additional walking space in the taproom and to ensure the 2 metre spacing.
- Patio – our patio is now open. We have spaced out our patio tables and chairs to ensure they are 2 metres apart. Please leave tables and chairs in their designated spots.
- Dogs on the patio – for now, we ask that you leave your dogs at home as we all become comfortable with social distancing and these new processes. We will look at allowing dogs on the patio again as soon as we are able to safely do so.
- Reservations – at this point, we are not able to accept reservations. There may be a lineup outside the door but at 2 metres apart, it should move fairly quickly. If you wish to, you may leave your name and number and we can let you know when your table is ready.
- Food delivery – you will see that we have left one side of each table empty. This space is reserved for food service and for picking up dirty dishes. We will serve food in this location for you to pass on to those at your table. We ask you to place all dirty dishes and glassware in the same location for easy pickup.
- Water station – our water station will now be for staff only. If you would like a jug of water and water glasses, please ask a server and we will provide these for you.
- Washrooms – as much as possible, we encourage one person at a time in our washrooms.
- Games – you will see that we have removed all of our games and toys. You are welcome to bring your own game from home. We can also provide a list of online games and apps that you can download.
- Piano – for the time being, please refrain from using the piano.
- Cleaning – we have always placed a strong focus on cleaning and sanitizing throughout our brewery. We are increasing the sanitizing of all high touch locations, tables will be sanitized between each guest, and we will have more frequent cleaning of our bathrooms. We have hourly sanitizing for both public and staff touchpoints within the taproom. Our staff is committed to rigorous procedures for handwashing between tasks.
- Kitchen – our kitchen protocols have been elevated to ensure best practices for food service and dish sanitization.
- Beer to go – you are welcome to select your own packaged beer to go. If you would like a bag, box or flat for your packaged beer, it will be provided and you can load your beer yourself.
- Growlers – we are continuing to fill growlers with our sanitizing best practices in place. We will fill new growlers, or you can exchange your clean Cannery Brewing glass growler for a freshly sanitized one. Look for the growler collection box as you enter our brewery.
If you are feeling unwell or if you have travelled outside of the Country in the last 14 days, please stay home for now. Our staff are following these same protocols.
Many people have enjoyed the online ordering. You can continue to order online, and we are happy to provide touchfree curbside pickup at the brewery.
We are all in this together, and we look forward to being together with you again. We know this is a big change and we thank you for your understanding and patience. Thank you for being kind to each other and to our team as we all adjust to these new protocols.
Welcome Back! We have missed you!