We have created our COVID-19 Safety Plan following the guidelines and recommendations from the Ministry of Health, WorkSafe BC, the Liquor & Cannabis Regulations Branch, the BC Restaurant & Food Services Association, and the BC Craft Brewers Guild. We have worked hard to create our plan, which allows us to continue to do what we love, while ensuring the safety of you and our team. We have been closely following all of the updates around the ever-evolving COVID-19 pandemic. We are continually evolving our COVID-19 Safety Plan as circumstances change and new guidelines are implemented.
Our goal is to welcome you to Cannery Brewing in a way that is both safe and comfortable. We have modified a number of our practices and processes to meet physical distancing and sanitization requirements. Please review our updated policies below:
- Masks – By order and direction of the Provincial Health Officer on November 19, 2020, it is now mandatory that all guests wear a mask when inside. We can provide a mask if needed. You must wear a mask as you enter and leave the brewery, and as you move around the brewery to order, to go to your table, and to use the washroom. You do not need to wear a mask while you are seated at your table eating and drinking. Those who cannot wear a mask or who cannot put on or remove a mask on their own are exempt from this requirement.
- Host – we will have a host at the door to welcome you and help guide you through our new processes and to direct you to your table.
- Sanitizer stations – we’ll have a sanitizer station set up at the front entrance and ask that you clean your hands as you enter and leave the taproom. Sanitizers are also available at each service till and outside of the washrooms.
- Contact info – you will be asked for the name and phone number of one person in your party should contact tracing be necessary. This information will be saved for 30 days and then destroyed.
- Lineups – as you line-up to order, please use the floor decals as your guides. These are spaced out to accommodate for physical distancing. We now have two line-ups. You can order and reorder at either location.
- Point of sale system – our team will sanitize the point of sale system after each use.
- Menus – our menus will remain on the chalkboards and we will have disposable one-time use paper menus available if you would like your own copy.
- Capacity – we have reduced our capacity to ensure we have the 2 metre spacing required for physical distancing.
- Seating – we have rearranged our tables and chairs to further ensure the 2 metre spacing between tables. Please don’t move the tables or chairs as they have all been set to ensure the necessary 2 metres apart. Please be aware of your distance from other guests who are outside of your party. Once you have been seated at your table, please stay in your seat other than to order from the bar, visit the washroom, and to leave the building. Please refrain from roaming or standing by another table to visit with other guests outside of your core bubble. Note that we have added plexiglass dividers to provide additional layers of protection between groups. Please do not move these dividers.
- Group sizes - we are required to keep parties to a maximum of 6 people per table. You should only sit with people in your household or core bubble. It is your responsibility to define who is in your core bubble.
- Bar stools – we have removed the bar stools to provide additional walking space in the taproom and to ensure the 2 metre spacing.
- Dogs – for now, we ask that you leave your dogs at home as we all become comfortable with physical distancing and these new processes. We will look at allowing dogs on the patio again as soon as we are able to safely do so.
- Reservations – at this point, we are not able to accept reservations. There may be a lineup outside the door but at 2 metres apart, it should move fairly quickly. If you wish to, you may leave your name and number and we can let you know when your table is ready.
- Food delivery – we have left one side of each table empty. This space is reserved for food service and for picking up dirty dishes. We will serve food in this location for you to pass on to those at your table. We ask you to place all dirty dishes and glassware in the same location for easy pickup.
- Water station – our water station will now be for staff only. If you would like a jug of water and water glasses, please ask a server and we will provide these for you.
- Washrooms – our washrooms are limited to one person at a time.
- Games – we have removed all of our games and toys. You are welcome to bring your own games and toys from home. We can also provide a list of online games and apps that you can download.
- Piano – for the time being, please refrain from using the piano.
- Cleaning – we have always placed a strong focus on cleaning and sanitizing throughout our brewery. We have increased the sanitizing of all high touch locations, all guest table surfaces will be sanitized between each guest, and we will have more frequent cleaning of our bathrooms. We have hourly sanitizing for both public and staff touchpoints within the taproom and throughout the brewery. Our staff is committed to rigorous procedures for handwashing between tasks.
- Kitchen – our kitchen protocols have been elevated to ensure best practices for food service and dish sanitization.
- Beer to go – you are welcome to select your own packaged beer to go. If you would like a bag, box, or flat for your packaged beer, it will be provided and you can load your beer yourself.
- Growlers – we are continuing to fill growlers with our sanitizing best practices in place. We will fill new growlers, or you can exchange your clean Cannery Brewing glass growler for a freshly sanitized one. Look for the growler collection box as you enter our brewery.
If you are feeling unwell or if you have travelled outside of the Country in the last 14 days, please stay home for now. If you are exhibiting COVID-19 related symptoms, we will ask you to return when you are well. Our staff are following these same protocols.
We are all in this together. We know this is a big change and we thank you for your understanding and patience. Thank you for being kind to each other and to our team as we all adjust to these new protocols.
Thank you for your ongoing support and for your commitment to the health and safety of all of our guests and team members.